Friday, July 11, 2014

May Pinball Recap

In May I traveled to Toronto, Ontario in Canada for the Toronto Comics Arts Festival.  I was stoked to find that Toronto came up on the Pinball Map app, but sadly, the neighborhood where the festival was taking place was pretty far from any of the machines on the map.

The only machine I saw while I was in Canada was this Buccaneer in a shop in the Kensington Market area.  Tragically, it was out of service.  I still don't think I've ever played pinball in Canada.  One of these days!!!


A few weeks later, back in the states my wife Claire and I were up in Oakland seeing a movie, so we swung by the Legionnaire Saloon to play a few games of Monster Bash.  The machine had a full-color LED dot matrix display, which I have been seeing more and more of lately.  They are super cool looking!  I kind of want to get one for my Medieval Madness machine, but they are still pretty expensive...  I know a lot of work went into graphics, hand painting every pixel, so they are worth every penny.  I guess I just gotta save up for it!


Then, at the end of the month, I was in Chicago for the CAKE festival.  After day one of the show a big posse of friends once again headed down to Headquarters Beercade for some free pinball.  Yes, I repeat, FREE PINBALL.  It was a good way to wrap up the month of May!


No comments:

Post a Comment