Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pinball Hall of Fame!

As you guys no doubt remember from DTZ #2, Jon has already been to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.  But I had not...until recently!  My wife and I made a trip out to the desert to visit her grandparents, and the closest airport was Las Vegas.  We scheduled a few extra hours so that I could swing by the Pinball Hall of Fame.  I was very excited; can you tell?


The range of machines was pretty incredible!  Claire and I walked around and looked at everything before we cashed in a $20 bill and started plugging some quarters into games.  I think the game I had the most fun playing was the new Star Trek game from Stern.


The game that really blew my mind however, was The Pinball Circus.  Only two of these machines were ever built and this is the only publicly playable machine in the world.  I couldn't believe how beautiful the side-cabinent art was.


It was a dollar a credit, but I'll be damned if I was gonna leave this machine without getting up to the top-most playfield.  I finally made it, after four or five attempts and got a satisfying knock out of it.  It's a super fun machine, my only complaint was that it was really hard to nudge the game for any sort of ball control, since it's so compact.  If you're ever in Las Vegas, go play this machine!  It's the only place you can.


As our time was winding down, I decided to plant myself in front of the Star Wars: Episode One machine to continue my goal of trying to beat the machine.  I was having fun, but I couldn't put a good game together.  Oh well.


I only wish I had a whole day to go through and play everything!  Sadly, I'm not sure when I'll be back in Las Vegas again.  Tim Arnold didn't seem to be around, so I didn't get a chance to tell him to keep up the good work.

1 comment:

  1. When I ordered the Drop Target pins I made a comment on how I was enjoying Metallica over the Star Trek Machine, but this past weekend I got a chance to actually play it...and was kinda blown away.

    It reminded me a lot of the ST:TNG machine with the flashing federation logos, and was totally fun. I don't think we played another machine that whole night (Wizard of Oz was broken though).

    ReplyDelete