Wednesday, March 16, 2011

T-REX!!!

As Jon mentioned in his last post, his Jurassic Park machine has been on the fritz lately.  We have big plans to fix it up over Spring Break (next week!) but lately it has been switched off so that that no unsuspecting student deposits a quarter for a game they can't play.

The other day, I went in to play some pinball and when I turned on the power strip, Jurassic Park booted up.  Unbeknownst to me, Jon had come in that morning and fixed up the machine.  I didn't know this at the time however, so I dropped a quarter in, to see if the machine was in fact working...

THEN I HAD THE JURASSIC PARK GAME OF MY LIFE.


The top scores in Jurassic Park are listed as a series of dinosaurs.  #1 is T-Rex, #2 is Velociraptor, etc.  The best I have ever done on this machine is to get the #6 score, which is some obscure dinosaur I had never heard of before.  And that was for a score around 300,000,000.

On ball one, I started Tri-Ball and immediately hit a ramp jackpot shot.  Then with all the "CHAOS" targets lit, I cashed in my smart missle to start the chaos 6-ball multiball.  With that going I hit all five "CHAOS" targets again, and then I hit the T-Rex to collect the super mega jackpot.  Then the ramp was lit up again (more supers?), and I hit it like 5 or 6 times at least.  I glanced up in the middle of this and I had something like 450 million points (?!?!?!)  And that was on BALL ONE.  I just kept my cool for the rest of the game (got the T-Rex bounty, completed a few modes, got the extra ball, etc.) and ended up with 571,138,920 points!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! The scheme: get jackpot, get CHAOS, enter 6-ball play, get CHAOS again, shoot T-Rex, shoot ramp and loop for the two Super Jackpots. Super Jackpot is 100 million times number of balls in play, so it's possible (ha) to get 1.2 billion from just those 2 supers.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bowen! That would be completely bonkers to get 1.2 BILLION from two shots. On a side note, I just realized today that the rule sheet I've been using for my Medieval Madness this past year was written by YOU back in the day! Thanks for all you do for pinball.

    ReplyDelete