Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!!


Sorry this is late.  Well, I know that I never SAID when I would put up pinball illustrations, but I meant for them to go up on Sunday.

Anyway, HERE IT IS, the BIG news....

I am not the PROUD OWNER of a 1993 DATA EAST JURASSIC PARK MACHINE!!!!


Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!?!  It's pretty much the coolest thing ever.  The game plays incredibly fast, and the flippers are unbelievably responsive.  There are a lot of moves that Keith Elwin shows off in the Pinball 101 DVD that I haven't been able to pull off regularly on most machines, but this bad boy is more than up to the task.  There are so many modes to start up.  There's a 6-ball multiball, and a giant T-Rex head that eats up the ball!  IT'S THE COOLEST!!!

Originally, the illustration I was going to post was going to be me triumphantly high-fiving my new machine over an exploding volcano, but I chose the fixing-up one because that has been the theme of my first week of pinball-ownership: fixing.  I got this machine for a really sweet deal, but it came from an operator's route, so I new it wasn't going to be perfect.  THAT WAS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR, THOUGH!  Tinkering and fixing up Alec's Medieval Madness machine with him has been a blast, and when I was scouring the globe (er...New England) for my own machine, I was partially looking for a project machine to shop out.  All of the fixes have so far been minor, save for the laft flipper being deader than disco.  Turns out that there was a bad soulder on the grounding wire and I just needed to re-soulder it.  I've been refering to THIS online manual A LOT lately, and it's been an AMAZING resource!

This whole pinball machine ownership has taken everything to a whole new level.  It's going to be a really amazing adventure.  I'll keep you all updated on what's going on.  Ha ha, also, MY APOLOGIES TO MY GIRLFRIEND!



Well, I don't want to bog you all down with blog.  BLOGBOG.  I'll have some fun Halloween stuff for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment